If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers … or at least someone does. AOL Answers is a fun place to share, explore and discover all sorts of information. AOL Answers allows you to connect with people who have specialized knowledge and share the same interests as you.
Select a question to expand the FAQ:
Does my posting have to be a question?
On AOL Answers, you are not limited to just asking questions. You are free to comment, ask questions, answer questions, add topics, images, links and even videos. View categories, find topics you like and begin engaging. For more information, refer to the help article Commenting on AOL Answers.
How do I save a posting?
Anything you've ever posted on AOL Answers will be saved under your My Activity tab.
To view your activity:
Here, everything will be listed for you to see.
- Log in to AOL Answers with your email address and password.
- Click My Activity.
How do I view old messages?
As stated above, all of your messages are conveniently saved under your My Activity tab.
How can I join in on a discussion?
To join a discussion:
- Click on the category you are interested in.
- Click on the topic you would like to join.
- Click Answer this Question. Once finished, click Post Your Answer.
How do I ask a question on AOL Answers?
- Go to AOL Answers.
- Click Sign In to login using your AOL, Facebook or Twitter Username or E-mail and Password.
- Enter your login information and click Login.
- Click Ask at the top of the page.
- A window will open allowing you to post your question and add images, videos, links or specific topics. Once you’re finished, click POST YOUR QUESTION.
- A window will open with your posted question.
How do I enrich or enhance my question on AOL Answers?
To ensure you get the best answers to your questions on AOL Answers, read below for some of our tips about writing titles and questions.
Your question title
The question title is the first thing the community sees. The title is also the part of the question that is shown on AOL Answers. This means you should always write a question title that is clear and concise.
This is where you post your question. It’s usually better to include specific details about what you're asking. This way, the community will be able to give you the best answer without asking for more information.
Formatting your question
Format your question by including bold, italicized or underlined text. In the example below , the letter “I” is highlighted and the italics button is pressed.
- Bold: Click on the letter B to start writing in bold font. Click B again to turn the bold off.
- Italics: Click on the letter I to start writing in italicized font. Click the I again to turn italics off.
- Underline: Click on the letter U to start writing in underlined font. Click the U again to turn underline off.
- Bullets and Numbers: Use the bullet option to itemize a list, or use the numbers option to enumerate the items.
- Emoticon: Click the smiley face to open our library of prepared emoticons. Next, simply click the expression that is most suited to the content of your question.
How can I add videos, images, and links on AOL Answers?
Note: There is no limit to the number of videos you can include in any given question.
- Click the Add Video icon.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to insert the embedded code of the video you want to include. Paste the code (link to your video) in the Paste embedded code here: text box.
- Click Insert.
- The video will appear in the question box.
- Click on the Add Image icon.
- A pop-up will appear, asking you to insert/edit image information about the image you want to include.
- Image URL: Paste this information in the image location (Image URL).
- Image description: Add a description if necessary.
- Image credit: Add credit if relevant.
- Alignment: Choose the desired alignment (left/middle/right position).
- Dimension: Change the scale and size of the image.
- Border: Add a border.
- Vertical space and Horizontal space: Add spaces below and above the image.
- Click Insert. The image will be included in the question.
- Highlight the specific phrase for which you would like to insert a link.
- Click the Add Link icon.
- Type the URL in the Link URL text box.
- In the Target drop-down menu, select Open link in a same window or Open link in a new window.
- Type the title (the title will appear when the mouse hovers over the link once the question is posted) in the Title text box.
How can I add topics on AOL Answers?
When you write your question on AOL Answers you must add a topic to your question so you receive the best answers. After you write your question, please pick a category from the drop-down menu. After you’ve picked the category, a list of sub categories will appear. You have the option of choosing additional relevant topics and/or adding your own topics.
Note: You have to choose at least one category or topic in order to post your question. We will send your question to people who have expressed interest in the topics you've specified.
How can I share my question on AOL Answers?
We want you to get the best possible answers to your questions. We send the questions to those members in the community who will be most suited to answer your query. When asking a question, you can share your question on your Facebook and Twitter pages and email.
To share on Facebook:
- From the question you wish to share, click the Add to Facebook icon.
- In the Post to Profile window, you can add a comment in the What’s on your mind? text box.
- Click Share. The question will post to your Facebook profile.
To share on Twitter:
- From the question you wish to share, click the Add on Twitter icon.
- The link and business listing will automatically display in the What’s happening? text box. Feel free to type additional comments along with the link.
- Click Tweet. The question will post to your Twitter feed.
To share by email:
- From the question you wish to share, click the Share by Email icon.
- Type email address of the person you’d like to send your question to in the Your friend’s name: text box.
- Type your name in the Your name: text box.
- Feel free to type additional comments in the Write your friend a message: text box.
- Click Send. The question will be email to your friends.
How can I comment on a question on AOL Answers?
The AOL Answers community can be an outlet where you can discuss, comment and post your point of view on specific subjects as well as respond to what others have posted. Everything posted on AOL Answers remains available for you to read and respond to at your convenience. Comment, ask questions, answer questions, add topics, images, links and even videos. Whatever you decide to do, commenting on AOL Answers is fun and easy to do.
Interested in a specific topic? Select a topic from the All Categories list and begin posting.
How do I post a message to the AOL Answers Community?
New to the AOL Answers community? Not to worry. AOL Answers is a fun place to share, explore and discover all sorts of information. AOL Answers allows you to connect with people who share the same interests as you.
To post a message:
To see what others are talking about or needing help with, scroll down to view recent activity and begin engaging with the community.
Note: Interested in a specific topic? Select a topic from the All Categories list and begin posting.
- Go to AOL Answers.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Sign In to login using your AOL, Facebook or Twitter Username or email and password.
- Click Login.
- . Once you are logged in, you are free to post messages and begin discussions by typing into the text box.
How can I submit feedback?
We’d really like to hear from you! Your feedback is important, as it helps us improve the quality and user experience of AOL Answers. If there is anything you would like to tell us about AOL Answers, you can do so by clicking on the Send Feedback link (found at the top right-hand corner of each webpage). Your comments will go a long way.
To submit feedback:
- Click on Feedback/Send Feedback.
- In the Select the kind of feedback you have in mind drop-down menu, choose the appropriate category: Something doesn’t work right, I think it should work differently, I have an idea! or Hmmm… I have something to say.
- In the Your message to us text box, type any feedback you have for the site. If you’re having technical difficulties, it is best to be as specific as possible.
- Type your email address in the Email we should use to contact you text box.
- In the Address (URL) of the page you are referring to text box, paste the address of the AOL Answers webpage you are referring to.
- Click Send.
How do I report an inappropriate question and/or answer?
At AOL Answers, we are dedicated to helping people gain the most knowledge possible in a safe and friendly online community. Unfortunately, spam and inappropriate comments do make it on to our site. We at AOL try our best to catch these instances and delete them as soon as possible. We also offer users the ability to report inappropriate comments or spam via a link within the question and answer fields. Should you come across an offensive post, please use the Report links to notify AOL.
To report a question and/or answer:
- If you’ve found an inappropriate comment or spam on one of the question and answer boards, click the Report icon in the comment box.
- A Report Abuse pop-up window will ask you to report the type of abuse via the Report Type drop-down menu. Select SPAM/Commercial content, I’m offended by this person or This person is trying to use my Yedda identity.
- In the Report Details text box, specifically indicate the type of abuse you are reporting.
- Click Send Report.