Your computer, just like any other device, starts losing its "newness" over time. It needs to be maintained regularly in order to keep it running optimally. AOL Computer Checkup helps you preserve and maintain your computer's performance levels. Getting rid of sluggishness, protecting and securing your data and keeping your computer optimized are just a few of the many fixes that AOL Computer Checkup offers.
AOL Computer Checkup is simple enough for a beginner to use, but it includes powerful tools for even the most advanced techie. Easy to use and understand, this tool is the one-stop-shop for all your computer performance issues. In addition to helping your PC run faster, it improves hard drive performance and helps recover deleted data.
Select an FAQ below to see more information.
How do I start AOL Computer Checkup?
After installation, AOL Computer Checkup will prompt you to perform a quick scan of your PC. Simply click Start one-click checkup. During its initial scan, AOL Computer Checkup gathers information to determine your computer’s current health and areas where it needs improvement. You will only see this screen the first time you run AOL Computer Checkup.
If you choose to scan your computer at a later time, please review the steps below to scan your PC with AOL Computer Checkup.
To begin using AOL Computer Checkup:
1. Open AOL Computer Checkup.
2. Select Quick Scan or Deep Scan and then click Scan Now.
3. Once the scan is complete, click Optimize.
4. Once your computer is optimized, you can review your PC Health and elect to do further action by selecting the tab corresponding to your computer's PC Health statuses. For example, in the PC Health window below, AOL Computer Checkup suggested Disk Cleaner 17 Remaining. You can then click Disk Optimizers to access the Disk Cleaner.
How many computers can I download AOL Computer Checkup on?
You can download AOL Computer Checkup on one computer per subscription.
What are the enhanced features of AOL Computer Checkup?
AOL Computer Checkup offers many enhanced and unique features to help keep your computer in shape. To learn more about these features, please refer to our help page AOL Computer Checkup Features and Benefits.
How do I know what version of AOL Computer Checkup I have?
- Open the Computer Checkup application.
- Click Help, and then click About. You’ll see a window that displays the version of Computer Checkup you have.
- The old version of AOL Computer Checkup will display AOL Computer Check-Up and the new version will display AOL Computer Checkup.
- Alternatively, the version of AOL Computer Checkup being used by your computer will be displayed on the title bar of the Computer Checkup software window.
How do I get technical support for AOL Computer Checkup?
For comprehensive AOL Computer Checkup online help, check out our help article AOL Computer Checkup Features and Benefits or contact technical support at 1-888-847-3541.
Note: We offer technical support only for the AOL Computer Checkup. Refer to the How do I know what version of AOL Computer Checkup I have? header if you're unsure of which version of AOL Computer Checkup you have.
How do I view my billing information/history?
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
For help locating your billing info, review our Account Management help article.
For questions regarding your billing information, contact us on 1-866-485-9225 from 8AM-1AM EST, Monday through Friday, and from 8AM-10PM EST on Saturday.