AOL Desktop for Mac is an all-in-one application, built from the ground up for Mac users, by Mac users. It puts your web browser, instant messenger, email, and other popular features in one place for you so that you can get more done with fewer clicks. You can download AOL Desktop for Mac from http://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-mac. The instructions below will guide you through the installation and uninstallation processes.
IMPORTANT: If you have saved your AOL password on the AOL Desktop Software, ensure that you remember your password before you perform the steps given below. Uninstalling the AOL Desktop Software will delete your saved password. If you don’t remember your password, we recommend that you change your password before proceeding any further. You will also need to remember the answer to your Account Security Question (ASQ) to be able to change your password. You can change your ASQ if you don’t remember the answer to it. For instructions on how to change your password or ASQ, refer to the following help article: Account Management: Managing your AOL Password.
Install AOL Desktop for Mac
2. In the All-In-One Software section, click Download Now.
3. On the Install AOL Desktop for Mac window, click Continue.
5. In the AOL Desktop for Mac section, click Continue.
6. On the Software License Agreement window, click Continue.
7. Click Agree.
8. Click Install.
9. Type the password, and then click OK.
Note: The AOL Desktop for Mac starts installing on your computer.
10. After the software is installed successfully, click Close.
11. To launch the software, click the Go menu, and then click Applications.
12. Under Name, double-click AOL Desktop v10.1. Once the software launches, sign on with your Username and password.
Uninstall AOL Desktop for Mac
1. Click the Go menu, and then click Applications.
2. Trash the AOL Desktop v10.1 icon.