We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with the AOL Desktop Software. If you receive one of the following error messages while using the AOL Desktop Software, please visit our help article AOL Desktop Software: Troubleshooting to fix the problem.
If you’re having problems connecting to the internet, please visit the appropriate troubleshooting help article depending on your connection type:
AOL Desktop Software Error Messages:
- Message: Your computer is currently running communication software that needs to be shut down before installing AOL
- Message: Unable to connect to the AOL service
- Message: AOL will now install files in order to connect
- Message: The computer could not get an Internet connection (AC-1500, AC-3000, AC-3001, AC-3100, AC3101)
- Message: The computer was unable to connect to AOL (AC-0000, AC-0001, AC-0002, AC-0003)
- Message: An error occurred while loading a file. AOL will attempt to restore the file
- Message: Account cancelled
- Message: The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try your request again
- Message: Flash plug-in required
Note: Please download and install the latest version of Flash Player to access the AOL websites. ActiveX must be installed on your computer before you can install Flash Player. If ActiveX is not installed on your computer, you will see an information bar at the top of the browser indicating that you need to install ActiveX. Click the information bar, and then click Install ActiveX Control. Click Install, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the player.