AOL Premium Subscription Products FAQs
If you'e looking to speed up your computer or backup your hard drive files, you don’t even have to leave your computer desk. AOL Premium Subscription is a one-stop shop for buying a variety of AOL products and services, such as SafeCentral and McAfee Internet Security, whether or not you’re a paying AOL member.
Select an FAQ below to see more information.
What are the various products offered by AOL Premium Subscription?
To view products and services featured on AOL Premium Subscription, visit AOL Product Central for a complete listing.
How do I manage my AOL products and services?
The fastest and easiest way to manage your AOL products and services is by going to My Account. Click My Services and Subscriptions. This will bring up the Subscriptions page, which will allow you to browse through each subscription you're currently enrolled in.
How do I cancel an AOL Premium Service Subscription?
How do I purchase a product or service from AOL Premium Subscription if I’m not a member?
To learn how you can purchase products from AOL Premium Subscription, read our help article AOL extends its products and services to non-AOL members.
How do I activate/download my new product or service?
Anxious to get started with your new AOL service? We make it pretty easy. Whenever you sign up for a product or service, you’ll receive an Order Confirmation email. To activate the product, click on the Get started now button in the email.
For additional information, please visit How do I activate/download a product or service from AOL Premium Subscription?
Absolutely! You can use any valid email address, even if it’s not an AOL email address. We promise we won’t hold it against you.
You cannot register for more than one AOL Premium Subscription product or service at one time.
Why won’t it let me subscribe to a specific product when I’m a member?
Even if you’re an AOL member, there are a few reasons why you might be having difficulty subscribing to a product:
- Only the Primary, Designated Primary or General AOL Username can be used to order AOL Premium Subscription Products for an AOL account, so you’ll have a difficult time placing an order if you try to do so with a different AOL Username. To learn more about AOL Usernames, visit My Account.
- Unfortunately, not every location complies with our offers. You might not qualify for the product if there are legal restrictions where you live.
- AOL members who have an active AOL Advantage Plan and attempt to purchase a AOL Premium Subscription service or product that is associated with the AOL Advantage Plan will not be eligible because one or more of the products are provided in the AOL Advantage Plan subscription. Please visit your mybenefits.aol.com page to view the products and services included in your plan.
- AOL members who have an active AOL Security Essentials subscription and attempt to purchase a AOL Premium Subscription service or product that is associated with AOL Security Essentials will not be eligible because one or more of the products are provided in the AOL Security Essentials subscription. Please visit myaccount.aol.com to view the products and services included in your subscription.
- No one’s perfect. We could be experiencing technical difficulties. But don’t give up on us! Try back later, and if you’re still having issues, contact the appropriate tech support provider.
Why have I been refused a free trial?
Some products offer only one free trial per customer, so if you’re trying to download a trial for a second time, our records will notice.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept most major credit cards, including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Mastercard Debit, Discover, Discover Debit, and American Express. If you’re a member, you can change your credit card and other billing information in My Account.
Can I buy the services if I live outside the United States?
As long as you have a U.S.-based billing address, which includes military bases, you can purchase our products through AOL Premium Subscription from anywhere in the world in U.S. dollars. Our British pals from across the pond can purchase products through our AOL Premium Subscription Products UK site in pounds.
Why did my credit card authorization not work?
There are a number of reasons why a credit card might not go through. Did you double check the expiration date? Did you accidentally go over your credit limit? Did the bank block your card for security reason? The best thing to do is contact your card’s customer support to see what happened and what you can do to get your credit card working again.
How will this purchase show up on my credit card statement?
Each product will appear as a separate charge on your billing statement. All products appear as AOL*PS followed by the product name.
How do I view the billing information for the products I subscribe to?
For help locating your billing info, review our Account Management help article.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
How do I know which services I have?
Go to My Account and sign in with your username and password, answering the security question if asked. Click My Services | Subscriptions to view the services you subscribe to.
What do I do if my service is not listed under service listings?
Most of the services available through AOL Premium Subscription are offered through partnerships with the manufacturing companies. If you subscribed to one of the services we offer through a different retailer, you’ll have to manage your subscription and account through that company. If you’re not sure if you bought a service through us or from someone else, check your credit card statement. If it was purchased through AOL Premium Subscription, the charge will begin with AOL*PS followed by the product name.
If you’re sure you bought the service through us, but it still doesn’t appear in My Account in Manage My Subscriptions, call 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM and 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
Where can I get technical support for my product?
For technical support, see the help article Help downloading AOL Premium Subscription Products to see the appropriate phone number or website for your product or service.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles all billing relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more info, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.
How do I cancel a product or service that I’ve purchased from AOL?
To cancel a product or service purchased from AOL such as a Premium Subscription, please read the Cancel your premium service subscription help article.
Do you share my information with 3rd parties?