On September 1, 2011, you will be automatically upgraded to the new AOL Support & Security Plus plan. This plan offers premium online protection and full technical support to help keep you and your computer safe at a great value of just $6.99 per month. We’ve made sure to make it worth your while by adding valuable features that are not available under your current AOL Support Plus plan.
The AOL Support & Security Plus plan includes:
- $250 of Extended Computer Protection – from AOL to repair or replace your computer in case of hardware failure.
- Premium McAfee Internet Security Suite — Special Edition from AOL for protection against viruses, spyware and hackers, plus identity protection tools and PC optimization features for up to three computers. (The $4.99 plan includes only McAfee VirusScan Plus.)
- Up to $10,000 identity theft insurance coverage to help restore your identity or credit if they're ever compromised.
- Five hours of back-up dial-up service if you are traveling or if your broadband connection isn’t available.
Plus, you will continue to receive:
- 24/7 live technical support by email, chat or phone — so we're always there when you need us.
The AOL Support & Security Plus plan offers enhanced protection features, saving you about $20 a month over purchasing these premium services separately! You don’t have to do anything to get started with your new price plan. You will be automatically upgraded from your current plan to the AOL Support & Security Plus plan on September 1, 2011.
Do you still have questions? We have answers! Please check out the FAQs below. If you don’t see your question, call us at 1-866-872-8994 to speak with a member services representative.
Why is AOL upgrading my monthly service?
You’re on a service plan that AOL will no longer offer. As this plan will be discontinued, we have upgraded you to a plan that will continue to provide you with 24/7 live technical support plus enhanced protection features like an upgraded McAfee security software, $250 per year of extended computer protection in case of hardware failure and comprehensive identity theft insurance. You get more than twice as many features as your current plan for only an additional $2 per month. You can also save about $20 a month over purchasing these premium services separately. With this plan, you can feel safer — online and off.
What do I need to do to start receiving the new benefits?
You don’t have to do a thing. Your AOL Support Plus plan will be automatically upgraded to the AOL Support & Security Plus plan on September 1, 2011. We’ll send you an email to let you know you can activate and start using your new benefits.
When will the account upgrade take effect?
The upgrade to the $6.99 AOL Support & Security Plus plan will appear on your first bill after September 1, 2011.
What is Extended Computer Protection – from AOL?
Members who are upgraded to the AOL Support & Security Plus plan will automatically be enrolled and receive up to $250 per year of extended computer protection to repair or replace your computer in case of hardware failure beginning in Fall 2011. This covers one personal PC, laptop or tablet. This protection plan also covers your monitor, keyboard and mouse.
With Extended Computer Protection – from AOL, we’ve made it easier for you to get your computer hardware issues resolved through a variety of repair options:
- Remote In Repair: An experienced technician can automatically log in to your computer to help you troubleshoot issues so you can stay in the comfort of your own home.
- In-Home Service Repair: A trained technician can come to troubleshoot issues on location for those who prefer in-person repair.
- Mailing-In Repair: If you have a personal laptop or tablet, we will send you a pre-paid shipping box for you to mail in. Once we fix the issue, we’ll send it back to you.
- Facility Repair: In certain locations, you may have to drive into an approved repair facility to get your personal PC fixed.
Additional assistance includes phone troubleshooting and support that is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Phone representatives can troubleshoot issues and provide real-time scheduling if an appointment is necessary. If we are unable to restore a hardware issue or if the extended computer protection amount does not cover the entire repair, we’ll:
- Send you a check for $250 to put towards the purchase of a new computer or the cost of repair elsewhere.
To begin, simply call the toll-free number, which will be provided to you once your coverage is available, to speak with a dedicated member representative. An experienced member representative will troubleshoot your issue to ensure it is a hardware issue and will work with you to find the best solution to get your issue resolved. If it is not a hardware issue, we also provide general software repair and will transfer you to the appropriate professional to get your issue resolved.
For all devices, coverage is provided for failures due to mechanical or electrical breakdowns of the product caused by defects in workmanship and/or materials including those due to normal wear and tear. This program also includes power surge protection. For laptops and tablets only, members receive accidental damage from handling (ADH) coverage. There is no deductible for any repair or replacement provided as part of this program.
The amount of coverage will be tied to the member’s AOL service plan. AOL Support & Security Plus plan members will receive 100 percent parts and labor coverage up to a per claim limit of $250.
Any required repairs are provided by experienced technicians that have been pre-screened to ensure members are receiving the best service possible. Prepaid shipping or in house service is provided for all laptops and desktops.
More details to come. When the program becomes available, we’ll provide a full set of FAQs to include things like expected service time for repair, how to manage your claim and much more.
 Additional taxes may apply. Premium services are subject to charges. An additional $7 monthly charge will still apply if premium services or additional fees are paid through your checking account or telephone bill.
 Limitations and exclusions apply.
 Download at get.aol.com/mcafee.
 Insurance coverage is provided by Chartis, and is effective upon registration for McAfee® Internet Security Suite – Special edition from AOL.
 Plan includes 5 hours of dial-up access per month; additional hours will be charged at $0.99 per hour, up to a maximum of $5 per month. Members in certain areas, including Alaska, may have to pay additional communications charges. If you connect to AOL using a dial-up connection, you may incur additional charges on your telephone bill, depending on your location and calling plan. Please check with your telephone company for more information.