As a bonus for purchasing AOL Security Essentials, get expert advice from our tech gurus to diagnose your PC’s problems. With AOL TechGuru Quick Check Diagnostic, one of our tech gurus will download and use software to check the health of your computer and identify any problems or areas for improvement. The software will then do a tune-up of key settings to improve your PC’s performance. Additionally, you’ll have a live phone consultation with one of our technical experts, who will analyze the results of the software check up and offer appropriate solutions.
Note: If you purchased AOL Security Essentials before August 2012 and received Quick Check Diagnostic as a bonus you have 180 days from the time of purchase to use Quick Check Diagnostic or the service will expire and no longer be available for your use.
- What are some key features of AOL TechGuru Quick Check Diagnostic?
- How do I activate Quick Check Diagnostic?
- Do I need to download Quick Check Diagnostic?
- On how many computers can I use Quick Check Diagnostic?
- What kind of internet connection do I need for Quick Check Diagnostic?
- Is Quick Check Diagnostic compatible with my computer?
- How do I get technical support for Quick Check Diagnostic?
- How do I view my billing information and history?
- What is AOL Security Essentials?
- What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
Some key features AOL TechGuru Quick Check Diagnostic provides are:
- U.S.- and Canada-based technical experts assess the overall health of your PC
- Identify problems or areas for improvement
- Tune key settings for optimum performance
- Remove unnecessary files and operating system functions that take up memory, hard drive space and computing power
- Improve your CD drive's performance to enhance your computer's ability to transfer high-quality music to your computer
- Recommend additional steps for extending your computer's life expectancy
1. There will be a Get Started Now link for each service within your package. Click Get Started Now on your confirmation page or Order Confirmation email for the service you wish to start. You will be directed to the service’s website.
Note: If you can’t locate the Order Confirmation email, you can access AOL TechGuru from My Account. Go to My Account and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password, then type the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue. Under the AOL Security Essentials subscription information, locate AOL TechGuru for access information. Alternatively, please call 1-800-827-6364 for one of our representatives to resend you the Order Confirmation email.
2. Enroll/Activate. Take a few minutes to fill out your account information. If an activation code is provided on your confirmation page or email, be sure to enter it when requested on the activation page. Once you’ve entered all of the requested information and submitted it, your enrollment is complete.
TechGuru does not require a product to be downloaded. Instead, you will be asked to install an application that allows our technical experts to remotely access your computer via the internet. You’ll always be in control of the remote session and can remove the program after your issue is resolved.
Here is how TechGuru works:
1. Call. Phone one of our U.S.- and Canada-based tech gurus and describe the computer problem or assistance you need.
2. Connect. Our expert will guide you through a quick process to install software that enables our experts to remotely work on your computer over the internet.
3. Fix. Sit back, relax and watch while our tech guru takes care of your computer.
4. Disconnect. You control the connection between you and our tech guru. Once your computer has been fixed, simply disconnect the remote connection. For added security, our remote technology software automatically uninstalls from your computer.
Quick Check Diagnostic is available for one PC. Quick Check Diagnostic is not available on Mac.
You will need a working internet connection (through dial-up, broadband or Wi-Fi connection) to receive Quick Check Diagnostic.
Quick Check Diagnostic supports the following systems:
- PCs only
- Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Media Center with Service 2 Pack or later
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/ Business/ Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/ Home Basic/ Home Premium/ Professional/ Ultimate
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 or later /Outlook Express 6.0 or later /Microsoft Mail. NOTE: User must have access to ISP login/password information
- Internet Explorer version 5.5 or later, Firefox version 2 or later, Opera, Chrome and Safari. (Note: Other browsers may not be supported.)
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Must have 300 MHz or faster processor, 256 MB of RAM, 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Phishing protection available only on 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Firefox 3.0 or higher
- Must be able to connect to the internet
TechGuru Quick Check Diagnostic additional system requirements and service limitations:
- Does not cover removal or reconfiguring start-up items and browser help objects
- Does not repair problems found by Quick Check assessment
- Does not include installation of any software
- Additional service may need to be purchased for repairs
- Service must be used within 180 days from the day of purchase
If you need technical support, call 1-877-480-6995.
Go to My Account and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password, then type the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue. Under Account Options, click View My Statements. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
For questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
AOL Security Essentials offers our essential online security and utilities, anti-virus, identity theft and PC protection packaged together, making it simple to protect you and your PC each month. Plus, you receive on-call, live help from our tech experts for nearly any computer problem.
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles billing and customer service relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.