The AOL TechGuru Total Support Plan provides you with ongoing support for your computer. Your support includes on-demand service for almost any computer problem, big or small, from setup help to connection issues to virus removal.
What are some key features of AOL TechGuru Total Support?
Some key features AOL TechGuru Total Support provides are:
- On-call live tech support for one computer.
- Optimize your operating system with our PC Tuneup Toolkit.
- Identify and remove viruses, spyware and other malware.
- Configure your security software and settings, including antivirus/antispyware and firewall.
- Repair driver conflicts. Install or set up of a new peripheral (i.e., printer, scanner, fax, etc).
- Set up file and print sharing over an existing network, including configuring network printers.
- Configure or create an email account.
- Install the latest patches and updates for your operating system.
How do I activate Total Support?
1. There will be a Get Started Now link for each service within your package. Click Get Started Now on your confirmation page or Order Confirmation email for the service you wish to start. You will be directed to the service’s website.
Note: If you can’t locate the Order Confirmation email, you can access AOL TechGuru from My Account. Go to My Account and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password, then type the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue. Under the AOL Security Essentials subscription information, locate AOL TechGuru for access information. Alternatively, please call 1-800-827-6364 for one of our representatives to resend you the Order Confirmation email.
2. Enroll/Activate. Take a few minutes to fill out your account information. If an activation code is provided on your confirmation page or email, be sure to enter it when requested on the activation page. Once you’ve entered all of the requested information and submitted it, your enrollment is complete.
Do I need to download Total Support?
TechGuru does not require a product to be downloaded. Instead, you will be asked to install an application that allows our technical experts to remotely access your computer via the internet. You’ll always be in control of the remote session and can remove the program after your issue is resolved
Here is how TechGuru works:
1. Call. Phone one of our U.S.- and Canada-based tech gurus and describe the computer problem or assistance you need.
2. Connect. Our expert will guide you through a quick process to install software that enables our experts to remotely work on your computer over the internet.
3. Fix. Sit back, relax and watch while our tech guru takes care of your computer.
4. Disconnect. You control the connection between you and our tech guru. Once your computer has been fixed, simply disconnect the remote connection. For added security, our remote technology software automatically uninstalls from your computer.
On how many computers can I use Total Support?
Total Support is available for one PC or Mac.
What kind of internet connection do I need for Total Support?
You will need a working internet connection (through dial-up, broadband or Wi-Fi connection) to receive Total Support.
Is Total Support compatible with my computer?
Total Support supports the following systems:
- PCs or Macs
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service 2 Pack or later
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 or later /Outlook Express 6.0 or later /Microsoft Mail (Note: User must have access to ISP login/password information.)
- Internet Explorer version 5.5 or later, Firefox version 2 or later, Opera, Chrome and Safari
- Must have 300 MHz or faster processor, 256 MB of RAM, 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Phishing protection available only on 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Firefox 3.0 or higher
- Must be able to connect to the internet
TechGuru Total Support Service Limitations:
- Support for more than one computer requires additional service
- Computer Tune-Up Toolkit not available for Mac
- Must have administrator level access to the computer
- Does not cover online services or games, beta software, hardware issues, domain or password resets or “how-to” training
How do I get technical support for Total Support?
If you need technical support, call 1-877-480-6995.
How do I view my billing information and history?
Go to My Account and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password, then type the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue. Under Account Options, click View My Statements. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
For questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
What is AOL Security Essentials?
AOL Security Essentials offers our essential online security and utilities, anti-virus, identity theft and PC protection packaged together, making it simple to protect you and your PC each month. Plus, you receive on-call, live help from our tech experts for nearly any computer problem.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles billing and customer service relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.