You can change the colors and fonts of your Windows operating system at any time. Want to add some flair to your “personal” computer? Read on for instructions.
Before you start
You should probably print or save a copy of these instructions, as this page may not remain visible as you go through the following suggested steps.
You will need to know what version of Microsoft Windows operating system is installed on your computer. If you do not know how to find this information, follow the instructions in the online help article entitled Determining your version of Microsoft Windows.
Change your windows' colors and fonts
1. Click Start.
2. Open the Control Panel:
- If you're using Windows XP, click Start, click Control Panel, then click Appearance and Themes.
- If you're using Windows 98/Me/2000, click Start, click Settings, then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click the Display icon.
4. Click the Appearance tab.
5. Select a scheme or create your own scheme.
6. Click OK.
7. Your windows' colors and fonts are now changed. Enjoy your personalized desktop!