The instructions given below are for McAfee Internet SecurityCenter – Special edition from AOL version 12.8.
If you’re using the McAfee Internet SecurityCenter from AOL and having difficulty accessing some of AOL's features, follow the below solution to allow AOL access.
Note: The instructions below are written for McAfee SecurityCenter Special Edition 12.8. To upgrade to the newest version of McAfee, check out our help article How do I upgrade my McAfee Internet Security Suite - Special edition
Configure McAfee SecurityCenter version 12.8 Firewall:
1. In the Windows taskbar, next to the clock, right-click the M icon, and then click Open McAfee SecurityCenter.
Note: Alternatively, you can click Start, select All Programs, select McAfee, and then click McAfee SecurityCenter.
2. In the McAfee SecurityCenter window, click Web and Email Protection.
3. Click Firewall: On.
4. Click Internet Connections for Programs.
5. From the Internet Connections for Programs list, ensure that the application that you are trying to use has Full Access. If the application is blocked, click the application for which you want to grant full access, then click Edit.
Note: If the application that you are using is not being blocked, the issue is not related to the firewall.
6. Click the Access drop-down menu, select Full, and then click Save.
7. Close the X button to close the McAfee SecurityCenter window.