To disable pop-ups using Internet Explorer 8.0, 7.0 or 6.0
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Check the box next to Block pop-ups.
5. Click Apply, then click OK.
1. In the Browser window, click the Settings menu, then click Web Pop-up Controls.
2. Choose how you want to control Pop-up from the following selections:
- Play Sound when Pop-up is blocked is activated by default. To turn the sound off, uncheck the box next to this preference.
- Allow All Pop-ups, Block All Pop-ups and Allow the following sites enables you to control the amount of Pop-ups you will receive. Check the box next to your preference.
- To allow a particular website’s pop-ups to display, type the URL in the text box under Allow the following sites, then click Add.
3. Click Save.
You can also adjust the use and frequency of animated media, which includes elaborate banner ads with Pop-up menus. This can be controlled by applying the settings described below.
1. On the Browser window, click the Settings menu, and then click Web Pop-up Controls.
2. Set your pop-up controls from the following selections:
- Play Sound when Animated Media is blocked is activated by default. To turn the sound off, uncheck the box next to this preference.
- Allow All Animated Media, if enabled, will permit graphically sophisticated ads on a site.
- Block Animated Media from the following sites blocks animated media for a particular site or list of sites. Type the URL in the text box under Block Animated Media from the following sites, then click Add.
Note: To allow animated media from a website, select the desired website to highlight it, then click Remove.
3. Click Save.
We would like to know if, after following the previous steps, you continue to have difficulties viewing webpages because of pop-ups. Please use the Tell Us What You Think link located at the bottom of the page to contact us. We collect and review all submitted feedback on a regular basis.