To sign up for a new AOL Username and set up your AOL account, please follow the instructions below:
Note: For more information on downloading and installing the AOL Desktop Software, please see our help article AOL Desktop Software: Installing and Uninstalling.
1. After you’ve installed the AOL Desktop Software, select New User from the Username drop-down on the Sign On screen. Click Sign On.
2. The Let’s Get Started window will display. If you’re new to AOL, select Create a new AOL account and click Next.
3. The AOL Advantage window will display, offering you a wide range of plans to choose from.
4. Select the type of user you are, either Dial-up or High-speed, and then choose a plan by clicking Try it FREE* next to the plan you want.
5. The Create Your Account page will display. Enter your First Name, Last Name, Pick a Username, and Password. Once you’re finished, click Next.
6. Enter your Payment Information. Enter your Phone Number, Billing Address, Apt/Unit #, City/Town, State, ZIP code, Card Type, Card Number, Expiration Date, and Security Code. Once you’re finished, click Next.
7. The Membership Details screen will display. Please review your order information and click Submit Order.
8. The Registration Complete screen will display with your new AOL Username and Password. Click Continue to return to your AOL Desktop software.
IMPORTANT: After you hit Continue and sign on to the AOL Desktop software, you may experience an issue signing on. If you experience an issue, please return to the Sign On screen, select your Username, enter your Password, and click Sign On.
9. Your registration is now complete. Enjoy using the AOL Desktop software and your new AOL benefits!