Free AOL plan - FAQs
Free AOL services include:
- Your AOL username and email account, accessible at mail.aol.com
- AOL security services that protect you from spam, pop-ups and unknown viruses attached to emails
- Contacts (your AOL Address Book)
- AOL Video
- AOL Search
View all of your Free Benefits at MyBenefits.aol.com.
- What's the catch?
- How do I get a broadband connection?
- Will my service be disrupted when I switch to the Free AOL plan?
- How do I switch to the Free AOL plan?
- How do I resubscribe to an AOL plan?
No catch. If you're connected to the internet through someone other than AOL, you can still reap the benefits of your mail and your settings for as long as you want at no cost.
Contact your telephone or cable provider to find out whether broadband service is available in your area.
Note: AOL also offers several reliable and affordable options for connecting to the internet via dial-up. Find out more about our connection plans by calling 1-800-827-6364.
Nope! If you switch to the Free AOL plan, there will be no disruption in your service. You'll be able to access your email and other free AOL features as long as you have a connection to the internet.
To change your plan, go to AOL Keyword: Change Plan or follow the link to change your AOL plan. If you need help, refer to the article How do I change or cancel my AOL account for free plans?.