Follow the steps below to learn how to change your AOL account to a free AOL account.
1. Sign in to My Account with your master Username and Password.
2. Answer the Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions to access your account information.
4. Click Change Plan.
5. Review the confirmation page. It will offer you the option of changing to a lower-priced plan rather than canceling your account. If you'd like to proceed with changing your account to a free AOL account, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Cancel My Billing.
6. Select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu and then click Cancel My Billing.
Note: If you change your mind and decide to keep your account active, click Keep My Plan.
You will no longer be billed. Please come back whenever you like!