The Username and password you use to sign in to your AOL Mail are also the Username and password you use to sign in to AOL Premium Subscription Products. If you want to reset your password, it’s a painless process.
First of all, if you’re having issues signing on, make sure you’re using a valid Username and that you’ve entered it correctly.
If you still can’t sign in, maybe you’re not using the right password. If you misplaced or forgot your password, our reset feature allows you to change your password when you sign on to any AOL service.
Note: You’ll need to remember the answer to your Account Security Question (ASQ) in order to reset your password. You can change your ASQ if you don’t remember the original answer.
Reset your AOL password
1. Go to i.aol.com and click Forgot password?
2. Enter your Username or Email in the first text box. In the second text box, type the characters (letters, numbers and symbols) displayed in the image exactly as you see them, using capitalization where necessary, and then click Next.
Note: If you don’t see the image clearly, click the refresh button to the right to display a new image. If that doesn’t help, click the volume button to hear the hidden code.
3. Select the verification method that you would like to use and fill out the information.
4. Once you've filled out everything, click Next.
5. You can now reset your password. Your password is case-sensitive and must be six to 16 characters long. Visit Account Management: Managing your AOL Password for additional help to create a secure password. Reset your password by typing a new password in the New Password box, and then re-typing your new password in the New Password Again box. Click Next.
6. Congratulations! You now have a new password. Click Done to sign in to AOL Premium Subscription Products.