Reset your password
1. Go to My Account.
2. On the Sign In screen, tap Forgot password?
3. Type your Username or email address in the first text box. In the second text box, type the characters (letters and numbers) displayed in the image exactly as you see them, using capitalization where necessary, and then tap Next.
Note: If you don’t see the image clearly, tap the refresh button to the right to display a new image.
4. Just like when you log in to your bank’s website, we need to verify that this account belongs to you. Click on one of the options listed to confirm the information provided or type the correct answer. In some cases, you may be asked choose an additional option.
Note: If you have a paid account and need further assistance, call AOL Customer Support Team at 1-800-827-6364.
If you choose to verify your alternate email address and tap Next, an email will be sent to this account. Tap the Yes, I would like to reset my password link in the email to reset your password. The link will expire in 72 hours.
If you choose to answer your Account Security Question, a second form of ID will be requested. Tap Next.
If your cell phone is registered with AOL, you can select Text My Mobile, enter your phone number and tap Send. (If your number is not registered, this option will not appear.) Enter the confirmation code we text you and then tap Submit.
5. You can now reset your password. Your password is case-sensitive and must be six to 16 characters long. Visit Password protection tips for additional help to create a secure password. Reset your password by typing a new password in the New Password box, and then re-typing your new password in the Re-Type New Password box. Tap Next.
6. Congratulations! Your password has been reset. Tap Done to sign in with your new password.
Note: If another window pops up asking for your name, age, etc., don’t be alarmed! If it’s been awhile since you last updated your account profile, we may take this opportunity to ask you to fill out any information we don’t currently have on file.
Which carriers support Mobile Password Reset?
|Appalachian Wireless||Immix Wireless|
|Cincinnati Bell||United Wireless|
|Cox TMI Wireless||US Cellular|
|GCI/Alaska DigiTel||Virgin Mobile|
|Golden State Cellular||West Central|
|Google Voice||Metro PCS*|
*Metro PCS: Messaging is only supported on select Metro PCS plans. If you use Metro PCS and you run into issues sending or receiving messages via AOL, please contact Metro PCS for more information.
For help, text HELP to 265265 (Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile subscribers, text HELP to 265005).
To cancel, text STOP to 265265 (Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile subscribers, text STOP to 265005).