Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in America. As such, maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information has become a matter of urgency. You have the right to live without having to think twice every time you fill out a form, make a purchase or throw out your mail. LifeLock is a service that helps stop identity theft before it happens to you.
Founded in 2005, LifeLock has become an industry leader in proactive identity theft protection. The ever-growing and improving suite of services that LifeLock provides has proven itself in the field of identity theft protection by helping members keep their personal information private.
LifeLock goes far beyond mere credit monitoring. LifeLock works 24 hours a day, seven days a week to stay ahead of identity theft, helping detect the latest threats and creating new tools to stop them. Even if your personal information falls into the wrong hands, LifeLock helps you fix the problem.
What are some key features of LifeLock?
Some key features LifeLock provides are:
- Identity Threat Detection and Alerts: Alerts you whenever LifeLock detects your personal information in fraudulent applications for credit or services within its extensive network. Note: Network does not cover all transactions and scope may vary.
- Lost Wallet Protection: LifeLock will help you quickly cancel and replace credit cards and bank cards from a lost or stolen wallet to help stop fraudulent charges. Note: Excludes pictures, cash and cash equivalent.
- Advanced Internet Monitoring: Patrols the web for the illegal selling or trading of your personal information. If activity is detected, LifeLock will alert you.
- 24/7/365 Member Service: Identity thieves never rest. Neither does LifeLock, which provides support all day, every day.
- Reduced Pre-approved Credit Offers: LifeLock will request that your name be removed from pre-approved credit card offer mailing lists.
- Address Change Verification: Helps reduce the chance of mail fraud by warning you when a change of address is requested in your name.
- $1 Million Total Service Guarantee**: As a LifeLock member, if you become a victim of identity theft, LifeLock will spend up to $1 million to hire experts to help your recovery.
** The foregoing is only a summary. Please refer to the actual plicy for all applicable terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage which may be viewed at www.lifelock.com/insurance-summary-of-benefits.
How do I update my personal information with LifeLock?
You can update your information through the LifeLock secure online member portal at LifeLock.com. There, you’ll be able to update your address, phone number and billing information, as well as provide any missing information required for your account.
You can also contact AOL Customer Support Team at 1-877-LIFELOCK with any account changes.
How do I know my personal information is secure with LifeLock?
LifeLock also maintains the highest level of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliance. As a Level 1 merchant under the PCI-DSS, LifeLock follows a set of requirements that helps protect cardholder data. This is the accepted standard for all organizations that process credit card information.
In maintaining Level 1 compliance, LifeLock performs periodic vulnerability scanning and penetration testing of its network and other critical applications, applies industry-accepted encryption to all sensitive data, enforces strict and formal logical access controls and separation of duties, and restricts access to LifeLock facilities through biometric reader access.
What is the LifeLock $1 Million Total Service Guarantee?
LifeLock is constantly taking proactive measures to ensure you and your family are safe from identity theft. However, as a LifeLock member, if you become a victim of identity theft, LifeLock will spend up to $1 million to hire experts to help your recovery.
- Identity theft insurance included with your LifeLock membership – with zero deductible – reimburses you for certain out-of-pocket expenses due to a stolen identity event**, and LifeLock will retain lawyers, investigators and case managers on your behalf.
** The foregoing is only a summary. Please refer to the actual policy for all applicable terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage which may be viewed at www.lifelock.com/insurance-summary-of-benefits.
Note: Restrictions apply. See LifeLock.com for details.
How do I activate LifeLock?
1. There will be a Get Started Now link for each service within your package. Click Get Started Now on your confirmation page or Order Confirmation email for the service you wish to start. You will be directed to the service’s website.
Note: If you can’t locate the Order Confirmation email, you can activate LifeLock from My Account.
a. Go to My Account.
b. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
c. Answer your Account Security Question.
d. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
e. Locate LifeLock. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to begin using LifeLock.
Alternatively, please call 1-800-827-6364 for one of our representatives to resend you the Order Confirmation email.
2. Enroll/Activate. Take a few minutes to fill out your account information. If an activation code is provided on your confirmation page or email, be sure to enter it when requested on the activation page. Once you’ve entered all of the requested information and submitted it, your enrollment is complete.
How do I get membership support for LifeLock?
For product help, call 1-800-543-3562.
How do I view my billing information and history?
Go to My Account and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password, then type the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue. Under Account Options, click View My Statements. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
What is AOL Security Essentials?
AOL Security Essentials offers our essential online security and utilities, anti-virus, identity theft and PC protection packaged together, making it simple to protect you and your PC each month. Plus, you receive on-call, live help from our tech experts for nearly any computer problem.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles all billing relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About About AOL Fulfillment Services