To manually delete all AOL folders, please follow the instructions below.
1. Click Start, and then click Computer.
Note: If you are using Windows 8, you can find Computer on your desktop. If you do not find it there, press the Windows button on your keyboard and press "C" to locate Computer.
2. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
3. Double-click Program Files.
4. Right-click AOL, AOL #.#, or America Online #.# (where # is a number that denotes the version of the AOL Desktop Software last installed on your computer). Click Delete.
5. Click Yes. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you delete all the AOL or America Online #.# folders.
6. Double-click Common Files.
7. Right-click aol, and then click Delete.
8. Click Yes.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 to delete the aolshare folder.
Note: We recommend that you also delete AOL files from the ProgramData and AppData folders.
- To delete the AOL files from ProgramData: Go to Local Disk (C:). Double-click ProgramData, right-click AOL, AOL #.#, or America Online #.#, and click Delete.
- To delete the AOL files from AppData: Go to Local Disk (C:). Double-click Users, and then double-click your Windows login name or Administrator. Double-click AppData, double-click Roaming, and then right-click AOL, AOL #.#, or America Online #.#, and click Delete.
10. Click X to close the window.
Note: For instructions on how to install the AOL Desktop Software, please read our help article Installing the AOL Desktop Software.