To manually delete AOL folders, please follow the instructions below.
1. Open My Computer.
If you are using Windows XP: Click Start, and then click My Computer.
If you are using Windows 2000/Me/98: Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
2. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
3. Double-click Program Files.
4. Right-click AOL, AOL #.#, or America Online #.# (with #.# being the number that denotes the version of the AOL Desktop Software last installed on your computer). Click Delete.
5. Click Yes. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you delete all AOL, AOL #.#, or America Online #.# folders.
6. Double-click Common Files.
7. Right-click AOL, and then click Delete.
8. Click Yes.
9. Repeat Steps 7 and 8 to delete the AolCoach and aolshare folders as well.
Note: We recommend that you also delete AOL files from the ProgramData and Application Data folders.
- To delete the AOL files from ProgramData: Go to Local Disk (C:). Double-click ProgramData, right-click AOL, AOL #.#, or America Online #.#, and click Delete.
- To delete the AOL files from Application Data: Go to Local Disk (C:). Double-click Documents and Settings, and then double-click your Windows login name or Administrator. Double-click Application Data, right-click AOL, AOL #.#, or America Online #.#, and click Delete.
10. Click X to close the window.
Note: For instructions on how to install the AOL Desktop Software, please refer to our help article Installing the AOL Desktop Software.