IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing browsing issues on the AOL Desktop using Windows XP, please upgrade to the latest version of the AOL Desktop Software.
If you're receiving a 'Whoops' error message, attempt the solutions given below to resolve your problem. After trying the first solution check if you are able to browse without any errors. If the issue persists continue using the suggested solutions until the problem is fixed.
Install the latest Java update
1. Visit www.java.com/en/download.
2. Click Free Java Download.
3. Click Agree and Start Free Download. If prompted, click Run.
4. On the Open File - Security Warning window, click Run.
5. On the Java Setup - Welcome screen, click Install. Java will then install to your computer.
6. Continue browsing the internet as you were before. If you experience the Whoops error message again, try the next solution.
Update Adobe Flash Player
1. Visit get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
2. Click Download Now.
3. On the File Download - Security Warning window, click Run.
4. On the AOLBrowser - Security Warning window, click Run.
5. The Adobe Flash Player Installer will run. When it completes, click Finish.
6. Your Adobe Flash Player is now updated. Continue browsing the internet as you were before. If you're still having issues, please continue to the next solution.
Clear cookies, cache and history
Sometimes you may experience the Whoops error message because of corrupted information in your browser. To clear out your browser, please see Clear cookies, cache, history and footprints in your browser. If clearing your cookies, cache, and browser history does not work, please continue on to the next solution.
Upgrade Internet Explorer
1. If you're using Windows XP or older, visit www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=43 and click Start Download.
- If you're using Windows 8, visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie and click Download.
- If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7, visit windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages, select your operating system, and click Download.
2. On the File Download - Security Warning window, click Run.
3. On the Internet Explorer - Security Warning window, click Run.
4. The Install Windows Internet Explorer window will appear. Follow the instructions provided to install Internet Explorer.
5. Once you're done installing Internet Explorer, continue browsing the internet as you were before.
Uninstall and reinstall AOL Desktop Software
If none of the above solutions have worked you will have to uninstall and reinstall the AOL Desktop Software to resolve the issue. Click the links below to know how you can uninstall and reinstall the AOL Desktop Software.