To run Quick Restore with AOL Connectivity Service (ACS) 3 or 4 please follow the instructions below.
1. Open the AOL System Information window:
- If you're using Windows 8, press the Windows key and the R key at the same time. The Run window will open. Type "sinf" (without the quotes) in the Run field and press Enter.
- If you're using Windows 7 or Vista, click Start. In the Search field, type "system" without quotes. Click AOL System Information. If prompted by the User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
- If you are using Windows XP, 2000, Me or 98, click Start and select Run. In the Open box, type "sinf," and then click OK. If prompted by the User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
2. Click the AOL Software tab on the left of the AOL System Information window.
Note: If you are using ACS 3, click the AOL tab on the left of the AOL System Information window.
3. Click Quick Restore.
4. Click OK.
5. Click Close once Quick Restore is complete.
6. Close the AOL System Information 2.0 window.
7. Start the AOL Desktop software and sign in. You may be prompted to select the AOL Desktop software as your default web application.
If the Screen Name box shows Existing Member, click Sign On. You will be prompted to enter your Username and password. The next time you sign on, all the Usernames on your AOL account will appear on the Sign on screen.
If you do not see the Password box, click the Screen Name drop-down menu to open it, and then select another Username from the list. Once you have selected a different Username, the Password box should reappear. You can then select any Username from the drop-down menu to sign in.