The AOL App puts the online world at your fingertips.
Stay in the know with access to up-to-the-minute news, top videos and impactful stories from the editors at AOL.com. Plus, gain quick and easy access to your AOL Mail inbox, now optimized for iPad.
Select an FAQ below to expand more information.
How do I sign in and out of the AOL app?
To sign in to the AOL App for iPad with your AOL account:
You are now signed into the AOL App for iPad with your AOL account.
NOTE: To sign out, tap on the Settings icon and then select the Sign Out option.
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the home screen.
- Tag the settings cog icon to open your Settings screen.
- TapSign In.
- Enter your Username or Email, and Password.
How do I change news categories?
To change news categories:
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner. This will open our category panel.
- Select your preferred news categories to see stories assigned to that given category.
- Tap Save.
How do I refresh the news stream?
To refresh the news stream swipe your finger from the top of the page downward. Pulling down the news list will display a spinning icon as your stream refreshes. New stories will appear at the top.
How do I change my text size when reading an article?
To change the text size of an article, tap the Aa icon at the top right of the page. The text will enlarge or shrink to a new size.
Why isn't the video playing on my article page?
Unfortunately, some videos that are embedded in the article pages are not supported by iOS. If a video appears to be missing, or isn't playing full-screen, it is most likely due to this issue.
NOTE: You must be online to view videos on the AOL App for iPad.
How do I access AOL Mail?
To access AOL Mail on the AOL App for iPad:
- Tap the mail icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- If you are already signed in, you will see a preview with your most recent mail items.
NOTE: If you aren't already signed in to AOL Mail, you will be asked to do so before accessing your full mailbox.
- Tap Inbox at the top of the screen to view your different mail filters. Tapping the menu on the left side of the screen will show your folders.
Can I use Favorites in the app?
Favorites are not part of the AOL app. Open Faces on your mobile browser at aol.com/favorites, and on your desktop at aol.com (the heart icon at the top of the of the page). You can add the Faves browser extension to your desktop browser at aol.com/favorites.
What is the red number on the AOL App icon?
If you are signed in to the AOL App, you will see your AOL Mail count added to the AOL App icon on your home screen. This way you can keep track of how many emails are waiting for you even if you aren't currently using the App.
How do I change my weather location?
To change your weather location:
- Tap your current weather city to access Weather Settings.
- Enter your city, state or ZIP Code in the field, select the location from the dropdown menu OR use the location arrow to bring up the weather by your current location.
- Tap Save Settings.
How do I get back to the previous page?
Once you have left the home screen of the AOL App for iPad, you will see a back arrow in the top left corner of the screen. Tapping this arrow takes you back to the previous page.
How can I turn the getting started tutorial back on?
Tap the Settings icon in the top left corner of the App, and select App Tutorial from the menu.
How do I report a problem with the AOL App?
To report a problem you are experiencing with the AOL App for iPad:
- Tap the Settings icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Send Feedback from the menu. This will allow you to send us an email with your feedback or issue.
- Describe the problem you are experiencing, and an email will be sent.
NOTE: Include the information about the device you are using (i.e. iOS version, iPad one, two, three, or mini, etc.), so we can better resolve the issue.
Can I use this app offline?
No, the AOL App for iPad requires online access.