How do I create a free AOL Mail email address?
How do I create a free AOL Mail email address
Looking to sign up for a free AOL Mail email address? Sweet! Signing up is a snap.
Note: Your AOL Username is your online identity. Your Username, which is the first part of your email address, is visible to everyone when you communicate with others online. Your Username will appear in email, on your AIM Buddy List, in instant messages and in message posts.
To create a free AOL Mail email address:
1. Visit our Create a New Account page.
2. Enter your first and last name in the appropriate boxes.3. Now the fun part - time to pick your email address! Enter a Username in the 'Pick an email address:' box.
Note: To see if the Username you've typed is available, click CHECK.
4. In the 'Password' box, enter a password for your account and then re-type the password in the box below it.
5. Click Next.
6. On the next page, we just want to get to know you a little better. Enter your Date of Birth be selecting the month from the drop-down menu and then entering the day (dd) and year (yyyy) you were born.
7. Click the circle next to Female or Male.
8. Enter your five-digit zip code in the 'Zip Code' box.
9. Select a Security Question from the drop-down menu and then enter the answer in the box provided below the drop-down menu.
10. Enter an Alternate Email address in the box provided. This is optional so skip it if you'd like.
11. Click Next.
12. Almost done! In the text box, type the security code as it appears in the image. This is a security feature that is used to prevent spammers and bots from creating accounts with AOL. Click the Sign Up button to complete the process.
13. The last page will display your new account information. Click Print to print out the page or OK to begin using your account. If you click nothing, the page will automatically go to your new email inbox.
Congratulations! We hope you enjoy your new AOL Mail email account!
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 06-10-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|