Create and manage third-party app passwords
Some older third-party email apps (that do not use our AOL-branded sign in page) require you to enter a single password for login credentials. If you've activated 2-step verification for your AOL account, you'll need to generate and use an "app password" to access AOL Mail from these apps.
1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page.
2. Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
3. Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.
4. Follow the instructions below the password.
- Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.
5. Click Done.
6. Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.
Remove an app password - Click Manage app passwords and then click the Delete icon to stop using an app password.