Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold can be activated for one username on an account with an eligible AOL Advantage plan. Find out how to activate and deactivate this benefit, and how to move it to another username on your account.
Activate the benefit
1. Sign in to AOL with the username you'd like to activate the benefit for.
2. Go to the Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold activation page.
3. Click Activate Now.
- If your account is eligible for this benefit, you'll see a confirmation message.
4. Open Desktop Gold and sign out.
5. Sign back in to Desktop Gold with the username you activated the benefit for.
Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold can only be activated for one username on an account with an eligible AOL Advantage plan. If you receive an error message that your account isn't eligible, contact us at the phone number provided in the error message for more information about plans that include this benefit.
Deactivate the benefit
If you no longer want an ad-free mail experience in Desktop Gold, you can deactivate this benefit from your MyBenefits page.
1. Sign in to MyBenefits.
2. Go to the Activated tab.
3. Locate the Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold benefit and click Deactivate.
- A confirmation window will open.
4. Click Deactivate.
Move the benefit to a different username on your account
Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold can be active for one username at a time on an eligible AOL account. If you have another username on your account you'd like to move the ad-free mail experience to, you'll first need to deactivate the benefit on the username you activated it for. Once you've deactivated, follow the steps in the "Activate the benefit" section above to activate Ad-Free Mail for AOL Desktop Gold for another username on your account.