AOL webmail is a free email service that is made possible by marketing ads. If you find the ads to be distracting, you can temporarily hide them and even give feedback on them. To do this, hover over the ad and click the "X" in the upper right corner. You'll be given the option to temporarily hide the ad or provide feedback on it. Permanently remove ads by purchasing Ad-Free AOL Mail subscription.
Free AOL Mail experience
Types of ads you'll see
• Ads in empty folders - Ads will appear in folders containing no emails in the webmail interface.
• Ads in the right column - These ads appear on the right side of your emails in the webmail interface.
• Inline ads - These banner ads appear above the emails in your folders. They'll have an "AD" label next to them.
Temporarily hide ads or give feedback
While ads on mobile can't be hidden, you can do the following from your desktop web browser to temporarily hide them. A new ad appears if you refresh the page or perform some actions.
• Most Ads - Click the "X" or Options icon and Dislike this ad to remove that specific ad and provide feedback.
• The right-side ad - Click "X" and then Stop seeing this ad to temporarily hide the ad.
Ad blocking software can negatively impact your experience
Ad blockers insert code to block ads, which can negatively impact email performance and break functionality (such as accidentally hiding messages). If we detect you're using ad blocking software, we may prompt you with some options, but you can unblock AOL Mail at any time to avoid issues.
Ad free experience in AOL Mail
Ad-Free AOL Mail won't remove ads from the sign in screen or the main AOL page. It also won't affect spam, subscribed advertising emails, or AOL product ads.
Purchase Ad-Free AOL Mail
An Ad-Free AOL Mail subscription is only effective for the username under which it was purchased. If other usernames on the account would also like the Ad-Free AOL Mail experience, they can purchase a separate subscription for that username.
1. Go to the Ad-Free AOL Mail page.
2. Click Get Ad-Free AOL Mail.
- Sign in to your account if prompted.
3. Enter your billing information.
4. Click Sign Up Now.
Important to remember - Ad-Free AOL Mail may already be included in your AOL Advantage Plan at no additional cost. Visit My Benefits to view your current benefits.
Seeing popups after purchasing Ad-Free AOL Mail
The popups you're seeing in AOL Mail are promotions for AOL products and brands. With Ad-Free AOL Mail, only paid ads are removed from your AOL webmail experience. To opt out of AOL webmail popups, edit your marketing preferences.