Keep your AOL Desktop application up to date. Follow the instructions below to verify you meet the system requirements, install, or uninstall AOL Desktop Gold.
How do I install AOL Desktop Gold?
If you’re having trouble locating your AOL Desktop Gold installation file, check your AOL mail inbox at mail.aol.com or via your AOL Desktop app. The email subject line should be, Get Started with AOL Desktop Gold.
If you can’t find the email we sent, see our help article on how to download and install the latest version of AOL Desktop Gold.
What are the system requirements?
If your computer is running Windows 7 or newer, you can run AOL Desktop Gold. You’ll need at least 512 MB of free space on your hard drive.
If you’re having trouble, check your computer meets these minimum system requirements.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 7+
- 266 MHz or faster computer processor
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended
- 1 GB RAM
- 512 MB free hard disk space
- Internet connection
Note: You may need additional disk space if you have a large Personal Filing Cabinet. This only applies if you upgrade your AOL Desktop from a previous version of the AOL Desktop software.
How do I uninstall the new AOL Desktop?
To uninstall AOL Desktop:
- Click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs, Uninstall a program, or Programs and Features (this option may be different depending on your operating system or current view).
- From the list of currently installed programs, select AOL Desktop.
- Click Uninstall/Remove.
- Choose if you'd like to remove or keep your personal data.
That's it! You've uninstalled AOL Desktop from your PC.