You can close your account at any time. Before doing so, please review the following info to understand what this action means for your account and your data.
What happens after my account is closed?
You'll lose access to all of your data and content like your emails and email folders.
Review and download your account data
Important information about closing your account
• Each username on an account must be closed separately.
• Primary usernames can't be closed until 30 days after all additional usernames and designated primary usernames are closed.
• You can only close your account if it has no remaining balance and it's been 90 days since you canceled your active subscriptions and paid plans. Visit your MyAccount page to cancel paid services and pay account balances.
• If a username shares a payment method with another username on the same account, the username that doesn't have a unique payment method on file must be closed first, or a different payment method must be added to it before closing the other username.
Close your account
1. Sign in to the account termination page.
2. Read the info on terminating your account.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to continue.
Recover your account
Your account will be reactivated if you sign in to it within 30 days of closing it, with longer hold periods for accounts registered in Australia, India, or New Zealand (90 days), and Brazil, Hong Kong, or Taiwan (180 days).
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Verify your recovery information and you're all set.
Still need help? Call paid premium support at 1-800-358-4860 to get live expert help from AOL Customer Care.