Extended Computer Protection - From AOL FAQs
Extended Computer Protection from AOL offers up to $2,500 in coverage as part of your AOL membership, you can receive from $250 to $2,500 in computer coverage, depending on your plan.
- Coverage for a single PC, laptop or tablet, regardless of make and model
- Accidental Damage from Handling coverage for laptops and tablets
- Repairs for covered external hardware like monitors and keyboards
- Our mail-in repair process will get your product fixed up
Think you have a computer hardware issue? Call 1-877-225-2111 to speak with a dedicated member representative who will troubleshoot the problem with you over the phone and determine the best course of action. If it's a software issue, the representative can transfer you to an appropriate professional that can provide general software repair. As part of the software repair program, there's no service fee for repairs or replacements provided; however there is a service fee in the event you need to file a claim for a failed product. See the Terms and Conditions for more info.
Coverage is provided for failures due to a mechanical or electrical breakdown of the product caused by defects in materials and/or workmanship including those due to normal wear and tear. This program also includes power surge protection. For laptops and tablets only, members receive accidental damage from handling (ADH) coverage.
The amount of coverage will depend on your AOL MyBenefits plan. You'll receive parts and labor coverage with a claim limit of $250-$2500, depending on the amount of coverage that comes with your AOL MyBenefits plan.
Any required repairs are provided by experienced technicians that have been pre-screened to ensure you're receiving the best service possible. Prepaid shipping is provided for all products.
I have several PCs in my home, including laptops and tablets. Which one is protected?
Extended Protection Plans from AOL provides coverage for one eligible PC, laptop or tablet within your household. That means you do not need to identify which one of your products are protected until you need to file a claim. When you protect a PC or laptop, the follow associated accessories are also covered: monitor (up to 19”, measured diagonally), keyboard (wired or wireless), mouse (wired or wireless), external broadband modem and non-commercial router (wired or wireless).
Are any PC or operating system brands excluded from coverage?
PCs or laptops, regardless of brand* or operating system are covered.
*The plans do not cover non-branded, owner-built PCs.
What if my PC is too old to qualify for coverage?
A desktop personal computer or laptop computer, regardless of age or brand, is covered.
Is coverage effective immediately?
Yes. Coverage is effective immediately once you're on an eligible AOL MyBenefits plan that includes Extended Computer Protection — from AOL as a benefit. Your coverage will continue as long as you remain on an eligible AOL MyBenefits plan.
My computer is covered by a service contract. Is there any reason to have or use this coverage?
If you have a desktop or laptop in your household that does not have a service contract, you have the option of covering it with Extended Computer Protection — from AOL.
How do I file a claim?
Call us toll-free at 1-877-225-2111 to file a claim. We're available 24/7, 365 days a year. A trained representative will help troubleshoot the problem to make sure it's a hardware malfunction. The representative will then immediately arrange for the repair or replacement of your product.
Are there any service fees or deductibles?
Yes, you may be responsible for a small service fee for claims submitted for covered product repairs. The service fee covers shipping, labor, and parts. The service fee amount will be determined by the benefit amount available for each price plan.
Is this the same as AOL Technical Support?
No. AOL Technical Support is a separate service solution that provides technical support of your computer software.
Will my computer be repaired or replaced?
We'll attempt to repair the product first before replacing it. We recommend you back up all software and data prior to service. We're not responsible for preserving data or restoring software or data to your product.
Is there a limit to the cost of repair within a claim?
Yes. Once coverage begins you'll have parts and labor coverage for a per-claim limit from $250-$2500 per 12-month period, depending on your AOL MyBenefits plan. These are the coverage amounts for each AOL MyBenefits plan:
- AOL Support Plus: $250 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Support Security Plus: $500 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Advantage Essentials and AOL Advantage Plus: $750 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Advantage Premium and AOL Advantage Premium Plus: $1000 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Total Advantage, AOL Advantage Premium Complete and AOL Advantage Premium Ultra: $1250 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Total Advantage Plus: $1500 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Total Advantage Premium Plus: $1,750 Extended Computer Protection - from AOL
- AOL Total Advantage Premium Complete: $2,000 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Total Advantage Platinum: $2,250 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
- AOL Total Advantage Platinum Plus: $2,500 Extended Computer Protection — from AOL
What's the difference between this protection plan and those sold by retailers?
There are several advantages to Extended Protection Plans — from AOL versus the typical plans sold by retailers. Some of the unique and attractive features of our plan include:
- One desktop or laptop computer in your household is covered.
- There's no brand or age restriction on the PCs, laptops or tablets you enroll.
- Laptops and tablets are covered for accidental damage from handling, like drops and spills that are a result of normal use.
Extended Computer Protection upgrade
Members who upgrade their account to any AOL Advantage Plan will automatically receive up to $2500 per 12-month period of Extended Computer Protection — from AOL to repair or replace your computer in case of hardware failure. Coverage amount is based on your AOL Plan. This covers one personal PC, laptop, or tablet. This protection plan also covers your monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
With Extended Computer Protection – from AOL, we've made it easier for you to get your computer hardware issues resolved with the below option:
- Mail-In Repair: If you have a personal laptop or tablet, we'll send you a prepaid shipping label or box for you to mail in your product to one of our service depots. Once we fix the product, we'll send it back to you.
Additional assistance includes phone troubleshooting and 24/7 support that's available 365 days a year. Any required repairs are provided by experienced technicians.
Call us toll-free at 1-877-225-2111 to speak with a representative.
Where can I view the Terms and Conditions?
Please refer to the terms and conditions for complete program details.
1 Coverage amount is based on your AOL MyBenefits plan. Limitations, exclusions, and service fees apply.