Free AOL services include:
- Your AOL Username and email account, accessible at mail.aol.com
- AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
- AOL security services that protect you from spam, pop-ups and unknown viruses attached to emails
- AOL Parental Controls to help ensure an safe online experience for your children
- Contacts (your AOL Address Book)
- AOL Video
- AOL Radio
- AOL Search
Our Dial-Up Access plan offers additional services not included in the free plan, such as:
- Connection to the internet
- 24/7 tech support
- Premium products and services, such as AOL Computer Checkup
- McAfee Internet Security Suite – Special Edition
- What's the catch?
- How do I get a broadband connection?
- Will the AOL software work with any other broadband or dial-up provider?
- Will my service be disrupted when I switch to the Free AOL plan?
- How do I switch to the Free AOL plan?
No catch. If you're connected to the internet through someone other than AOL, you can still reap the benefits of your mail and your settings for as long as you want at no cost.
Go to AOL Keyword: Broadband or to AOL Broadband, or contact your telephone or cable provider to find out whether broadband service is available in your area.
Note: AOL also offers several reliable and affordable options for connecting to the internet via dial-up. Find out more about our connection plans.
Yes! The AOL software works with any dial-up or broadband provider. Simply start your existing AOL software and set it up to work with your internet connection. If you’re not sure how to do this, check out the online help article Can I use the AOL software with another internet provider?. You can also go to the AOL homepage to access the AOL service.
Nope! If you switch to the Free AOL plan, there will be no disruption in your service. You'll be able to access your email and other free AOL features as long as you have a connection to the internet.
To change your plan, go to AOL Keyword: Change Plan or follow the link to change your AOL plan. If you need help, refer to the article How do I change or cancel my AOL account for free plans?.