Upgrade my McAfee Internet Security Suite - Special edition
Our ongoing commitment is to consistently offer you the latest software updates, security and optimal performance of your computer. This is why we furnish our members with McAfee upgrades and updates at absolutely no cost to you. Uninstall McAfee using the McAfee consumer product removal tool (MCPR).
Download MCPR Tool
1. Download the file.
2. Click Save.
3. Save the file and click Save.
4. When you see Download complete window, click Close.
Use MCPR Tool
1. Double-click the MCPR.exe icon to install.
2. Click Run.
3. In the McAfee Software Removal window, click Next.
4. After reading the End User License Agreement, select Agree and click Next.
5. In the Security Validation window, enter the characters you see and click Next.
6. In the second Security Validation window, enter the characters you see again and click Next.
7. The MCPR tool will begin to remove McAfee. This may take a few minutes. Once the installation is complete, the file immediately starts the clean-up process.
8. Click Restart to restart your computer.
Install the new version of McAfee
If you've already purchased McAfee Internet Security Suite - Special edition from AOL as part of your AOL MyBenefits plan or from AOL Premium Subscriptions you can start downloading McAfee:
• via your AOL OnePoint dashboard, click Download Now
• via your MyBenefits dashboard at mybenefits.aol.com, click Protect Yourself Now
• via your Order Confirmation email, click Download Now or Get Started Now
• via your AOL Premium Subscription account at myaccount.aol.com, click Download Now or Get Started
1. If you use the Order Confirmation email to download McAfee, go to your AOL inbox to see your Order Confirmation email. Click Get Started Now button in the email to start downloading the McAfee software.
2. Use the email address and temporary password provided in the email to log in.
3. Under the Products and Subscriptions tab, click Download.
4. After reading the McAfee Consumer Products End User License Agreement, click I Agree.
5. Within the Download Your McAfee Software page, make note of the serial number for your software. You will need it during the registration process.
6. Review the steps to complete your installation, then click Download.
7. A pop-up window will appear with a message, asking if you run or save McAfeeSetup-Serial.exe from download.mcafee.com and click Run.
8. When McAfee Setup files are completely downloaded from the internet, another message will ask if you want McAfee Installer to make changes to your computer; click Yes.
9. McAfee will clean threats on your PC.
10. Complete is selected, and then click Next.
11. McAfee will check your PC for conflicting anti-virus software.
12. McAfee will download the software installation files.
13. Opt in or out of the McAfee Customer Response option, then click Next.
14. The installation process will begin.
15. Click Finish.