Install and Uninstall AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard
With today's rising computer threats, your current antivirus software may not be enough to help stop new attacks. AOL Tech Fortress uses a unique, patented isolation and containment method to protect your most vulnerable software applications and directories against new viruses and malicious software that traditional antivirus software don't stop.
How to install
To install AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard:
1. Visit the AOL help page.
2. Click the Products category on the left side of the page.
3. Click Tech Fortress - My Benefits.
4. Click Get Started. You will be redirected to the download page. If your download does not start automatically, click Download Now.
5. Once the download has completed, open the file. The AOL Tech Fortress Install shield Wizard will open.
6. Click Next.
7. Accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
8. Click Install.
9. Once the installation is complete, click Finish. You will be prompted to restart your computer to finalize the installation process. If you wish to restart your computer later, click Cancel, otherwise click OK.
How to uninstall
To uninstall AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard:
1. Open the Windows Control Panel:
• In Windows 10 open the Control Panel by searching for it in the search box located in the bottom-left corner.
• In Windows 7/XP/Vista, click Start and then click Control Panel.
• In Windows XP Pro/2000, click Start, select Settings and then click Control Panel.
2. Open the installed programs list:
• In Windows 10/87/Vista, under Programs, click Uninstall a Program. If you are using Classic View, double-click the Programs and Features icon.
• In Windows XP/XP Pro/2000, click the Add or Remove Programs.If you are using Classic View, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
3. Click AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard, then click Change/Remove, Add/Remove, or Uninstall.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to remove the program.
5. Restart your computer to complete the uninstallation.
Note - Uninstalling AOL Tech Fortress powered by AppGuard does not deactivate your license. For more information on deactivating your license, please read our article on how to deactivate a license for an AOL Plan benefit.
Requirements for installation
In order to install AOL Tech Fortress, your system must meet the following requirements:
• AOL Tech Fortress is supported on Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 and above, 32 Bit Operating Systems), VISTA, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 and 64 Bit Operating Systems).
• Minimum configuration of 1.0 GB of RAM, 200 MB free Disk space. Also compatible with Windows Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 tablets.
Note - AOL Tech Fortress is not supported on Mac devices or operating systems.