Select a topic below for more information.
Install PRIVATE WiFi
To install PRIVATE WiFi™:
1. If you purchased PRIVATE WiFi through AOL Premium Subscription, log in with the email address from which you purchased the product. Locate the Order Confirmation email that you received when you subscribed to PRIVATE WiFi and click the GET STARTED NOW button.
Alternatively, if you received PRIVATE WiFi as a benefit with your AOL Plan, visit mybenefits.aol.com, sign in with your Username or Email and Password, locate PRIVATE WiFi and click Download Now.
2. Click Run.
3. After reading the PRIVATE WiFi License Agreement and Terms of Service check the Confirmation check box and then click Next.
4. PRIVATE WiFi will begin installing.
5. To complete the installation process and begin running PRIVATE WiFi check the Run PRIVATE WiFi now check box and then click Finish.
6. PRIVATE WiFi will begin configuring.
7. Once PRIVATE WiFi has successfully connected you will receive a notification and see the PRIVATE WiFi icon in your system tray.
Uninstall PRIVATE WiFi
You can uninstall PRIVATE WiFi™ at any time; however, uninstalling PRIVATE WiFi does not mean that you have canceled the service. To cancel PRIVATE WiFi and no longer be billed, please see PRIVATE WiFi™ Member Benefit FAQs
To uninstall PRIVATE WiFi from a PC:
1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Click Add or Remove Programs or Uninstall a program, depending on which version of Windows you are using.
4. Scroll down and select PRIVATE WiFi.
5. Click Remove.
6. A dialog box appears asking if you want to remove PRIVATE WiFi. Click Yes. PRIVATE WiFi is removed from your computer.
To uninstall PRIVATE WiFi from a Mac:
Drag the PRIVATE WiFi icon on your desktop to the trash.