While downloading McAfee Internet Security Suite - Special edition from AOL, sometimes the error code 31 message appears. This means you need to re-download the McAfee software to resolve the issue.
Please follow the below instructions to learn how.
Download McAfee software from the McAfee website
1. Go to home.mcafee.com and log in with your AOL email address and McAfee password, and then click Log In.
Note: If you've forgotten your McAfee password, skip to the next section of this article and then return.
2. Under the Device Protection tab, click Download.
3. After reading the McAfee Consumer Products End User License Agreement, click I Agree.
4. Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
All set! Virtual cherry-on-top not included.
Get McAfee password
Note: Resetting your McAfee password is not necessary to download this edition of the McAfee software.
1. Click the Forgot Your Password? link.
2. Type your AOL email address, then click Send Email. Close the window by clicking the X in the upper-right corner.
3. Check your email inbox and click on the link inside the email from firstname.lastname@example.org. The link will take you to a webpage where you can reset your password.
Congrats! You have a new McAfee password.
If you followed these steps and still can't download McAfee, please give our help line a call and we will help you download McAfee.