We have partnered with leading security software developer Authentium to offer the SafeCentral software with a money back guarantee as part of our commitment to helping members protect their online identity.
SafeCentral provides a layer of protection for your computer that blocks malware and Trojans that could otherwise slip past antivirus and spyware software.
Once you open SafeCentral on your computer, the SafeBrowser automatically starts and provides you with a secure environment for transactions, banking and other online activities that require your personal information. The browser’s patent-pending technology blocks key-loggers, screen-scrapers and other malware agents that could steal your identity from accessing and observing your activity, even on a pre-infested computer.
AOL members can get a free 30-day trial of SafeCentral and then pay a monthly subscription.
Note: SafeCentral is not compatible with ID Vault.
Select an FAQ below to see more information.
How do I sign up for SafeCentral?
If you would like to sign up for SafeCentral, follow the directions below:
1. Visit the SafeCentral detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. If you are a returning customer, select Sign In and sign in with your Username or Email and Password.
IMPORTANT: SafeCentral cannot be reactivated using an email address which previously subscribed to SafeCentral. In order to resubscribe, a new email address must be used.
Note: If you are a new customer, create a new account with the information requested below.
4. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
- Enter your Card Type, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Security Code, First Name, Last Name, Billing Address, City, State and Zip Code.
5. Review your billing information and click Place Order.
6. The Checkout Order Confirmation screen will display containing your billing information and order summary. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your subscription.
Additionally, an email from AOL Premium Subscription or one of our partners confirming your order will be sent to your email account. If you’d like to begin using the subscription at a later time, just sign in to your email account, locate the SafeCentral email and follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
How can I reinstall or install SafeCentral on another computer?
To reinstall or install SafeCentral on another computer:
1. Sign in to My Account.
2. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
3. Locate SafeCentral. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install SafeCentral.
How do I download SafeCentral on multiple computers?
When you sign up for SafeCentral, you’ll receive an Order Confirmation email which will contain a link and a license key to let you download SafeCentral onto your computer. Using this email and key, you can download SafeCentral to as many as three computers using the above process.
What do I do if I lose my license key?
You need a license key to complete installation of SafeCentral on your computer. If you lose the license key that you should have received in your Order Confirmation email, call AOL Customer Care Consultants at 1-866-485-9217 to have the email re-sent to your email address.
How do I get technical support for SafeCentral?
Go to SafeCentral Support page for 24-hour online technical support or call 1-866-545-1959 Monday through Friday between 9AM and 5PM ET.
Will SafeCentral work on my PC?
SafeCentral is compatible with several operating systems, but check the Specifications tab on the SafeCentral detail page to make sure it will work on your PC.
Note: SafeCentral does not work with the AOL dial-up client software.
How do I view my billing information and history?
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
To view billing information/history:
1. Sign in to My account.
2. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
3. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
How does the SafeCentral money-back guarantee work?
If you become a victim of ID theft while using SafeCentral’s online protection service, SafeCentral will refund the price of your subscription. Please call AOL Customer Service at 1-800-827-6364.
How do I download SafeCentral for Mobile devices?
If you would like to download SafeCentral for a mobile device, please follow the directions below:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
3. Answer your Account Security Question.
4. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
5. Click the Premium Subscriptions tab.
6. Locate SafeCentral and click Get Started.
1. Go to the Safe Central App page. (Android devices devices only)
2. Click Install and follow the instructions.
Note: You can also use the link from the Activation Email that you received when you first signed up for SafeCentral.
What is AOL Premium Subscription?
AOL Premium Subscription lets you browse, research and purchase AOL products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add or cancel subscriptions to products. We may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the AOL Premium Subscription Terms of Service for more information.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles all billing relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.