DataMask by AOL is a simple and secure software that disguises your personal data from cyber crooks and threatening websites by hiding your keystrokes (anti-keylogging) and diverting you away from sites designed to steal and use your personal information (anti-phishing).
How do I sign up for DataMask by AOL?
If you would like to sign up for DataMask by AOL, follow the directions below:
1. Visit DataMask by AOL detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. If you are a returning customer, select I am a returning customer and click Continue. If requested, sign in with your Username or Email and Password.
Note: If you are a new customer, select I am a new customer and click Continue. Then enter your Email Address, Confirm Email Address, Password, Retype Password, First Name and Last Name and click Next.
4. Select your method of payment. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
- Enter your Card Type, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Security Code, First Name, Last Name, Billing Address, City, State and Zip Code.
5. Review your billing information and click Place Order.
6. The Checkout Order Confirmation screen will display containing your billing information and order summary. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your product.
Additionally, an email from Lifestore or one of our partners confirming your order will be sent to your email account. If you’d like to begin using the product at a later time, just sign in to your email account, locate the DataMask by AOL email and follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
How can I reinstall or install DataMask by AOL on another computer?
To reinstall or install DataMask by AOL on another computer:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
3. Answer your Account Security Question.
4. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
5. Locate DataMask by AOL. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install DataMask by AOL.
For additional help installing DataMask by AOL, please see the Install/Uninstall section of this article.
How does DataMask by AOL work?
Once downloaded, DataMask by AOL uses patent-protected technology to hook into your computer browser, protecting data entry on all webpages—at all times. DataMask by AOL protects all browsers, including the AOL Desktop browser.
- Anti-keylogging – DataMask by AOL keeps you protected by replacing your actual keystrokes with fake, random keystrokes produced by the Scrambler. This disguises your data so cyber crooks and threatening websites can’t even read it.
- Anti-phishing – DataMask by AOL proactively diverts you away from phishing sites (websites designed to steal your personal information) so you won't be tricked into giving away your usernames and passwords.
Will DataMask by AOL work on my computer?
DataMask by AOL works on Windows XP Service Pack 3, at least 512MB RAM, a 233 MHz processor or higher, and a 32 or 64bit operating system. For browsers, DataMask by AOL supports Internet Explorer 6 or higher or FireFox 3 or higher.
How do I get technical support for DataMask by AOL?
For DataMask by AOL technical support, email email@example.com. Emails will be answered within one business day.
How do I contact customer support for DataMask by AOL?
For DataMask billing and subscription support visit bill.aol.com or call 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
How do I view my billing information and history?
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
Note: If you’ve purchased a product or service with a free trial period, billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
How do I cancel my DataMask by AOL subscription?
To cancel your Lifestore product, please read the Cancel your AOL premium service subscription help article.
What is Lifestore?
Lifestore is a website that lets you browse, research and purchase AOL products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add or cancel subscriptions to products. We may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the Lifestore Terms of Service for more information.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles all billing relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.