Did you accidentally delete a file, photo or MP3? Don’t worry! AOL’s Search and Recover will help you find any lost file or folder, even if it was deleted years ago. The intuitive Search and Recover software recovers items that other similar products might miss, retrieving deleted files from any disk, drive, memory and music player.
- Back up important files by creating safe storage.
- Run CD or DVD content faster than hard drive speeds by creating virtual drives.
- Run the software process directly to or from a CD or drive.
- Permanently delete sensitive information from you PC so that no software can recover it.
AOL members can download a free 30-day trial of Search and Recover and then pay a monthly subscription.
Select an FAQ below to see more information.
How do I sign up and download Search and Recover?
If you would like to sign up for Search and Recover, follow the instructions in the help article, How to download and activate Search and Recover.
How can I reinstall or install Search and Recover on another computer?
To reinstall or install Search and Recover on another computer:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
3. Answer your Account Security Question.
4. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
5. Locate Search and Recover. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install Search and Recover.
How do I get technical support for Search and Recover?
Open the Search and Recover software installed on your computer and click on the Help link in the upper right corner of the window. This will take you to a product manual which covers several troubleshooting topics. A Contact Iolo link will take you to the company’s tech support mailing address, phone number, etc. You can also visit the technical support website.
Will Search and Recover work on my PC?
Search and Recover is compatible with most operating systems, but check the Specifications tab on the Search and Recover detail page to view the system requirements to make sure Search and Recover will work on your PC.
How do I view my billing information/history?
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
How do I cancel Search and Recover?
To cancel your AOL Premium Subscription Product, please read the AOL Premium Subscription FAQs help article.
What is AOL Premium Subscription?
AOL Premium Subscription is a website that lets you browse, research and purchase products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add or cancel subscriptions to products. We may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the AOL Premium Subscription Terms of Service for more information.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services, a subsidiary of the AOL Family, handles all billing relationships with AOL's third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.