Fix sending and receiving issues with third-party email apps
If your third-party email app is having issues connecting, sending, or receiving emails, you may need to reconfigure your account or update the app. Use these steps to identify and fix the source of the problem.
Step 1: Check if there's an issue with your account
1. Sign into AOL Mail on a web browser.
2. Compose an email and add your own email address in the "To" field.
3. Send the email and check if it arrives within 5 minutes. If it arrives, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Reconfigure your account in the app
Remove and re-add your account to the third-party app. If you're prompted with manual configuration, be sure to enter the correct IMAP or POP server settings. If you need specific instructions for your app, contact its manufacturer.
Keep in mind the following:
• If you have two-step verification enabled, you'll need to generate an app password.
• If you have a verizon.net email address, be sure to enter the verizon.net server info.
• Make sure you're using your full email address as your username, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Troubleshoot your third-party email app
If your account is working on a web browser and you made sure you're using the right server settings, then there's something wrong with the email app you're using.
Update your email app to the newest version available. If you're still experiencing issues with your app, the manufacturer may have additional troubleshooting steps for you to try. Alternatively, you can access your AOL Mail on a web browser.