McAfee AOL Premium Subscription FAQs
Do you ever think about all the viruses, worms and spyware programs floating around the internet and how easy it is for them to find their way onto your computer? McAfee is designed to protect your computer from viruses, spyware, hackers and identity thieves through award-winning technology that automatically runs scans and updates so you have the most up-to-date protection.
McAfee Internet Security uses:
- Virus protection that guards your whole PC
- Spyware protection that blocks potentially unwanted programs
- A firewall that keeps hackers out of your computer
- Identity theft protection that safeguards your personal information
AOL members on the Dial-Up Advantage and High-Speed Essentials plans can download McAfee Internet Security software at no extra charge.
Non-members or members on the Free AOL plan can download a free 30-day trial and then pay a monthly fee.
Select an FAQ below to see more information.
How do I sign up for McAfee Internet Security?
If you would like to sign up for McAfee Internet Security, follow the directions below:
1. Visit the McAfee Internet Security detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. If you are a returning customer, select I am a returning customer and click Continue. If requested, sign in with your Username or Email and Password.
Note: If you are a new customer, select I am a new customer and click Continue. Then enter your Email Address, Confirm Email Address, Password, Retype Password, First Name and Last Name and click Next.
4. Select your method of payment. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
- Enter your Card Type, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Security Code, First Name, Last Name, Billing Address, City, State and Zip Code.
5. Review your billing information and click Place Order.
6. The Checkout Order Confirmation screen will display containing your billing information and order summary. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your product.
Additionally, an email from AOL Premium Subscription or one of our partners confirming your order will be sent to your email account. If you’d like to begin using the product at a later time, just sign in to your email account, locate the McAfee Internet Security email and follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
How can I reinstall or install McAfee Internet Security on another computer?
To reinstall or install McAfee Internet Security on another computer:
1. Sign in to My Account.
2. Click My Services | Subscriptions.
3. Locate McAfee Internet Security and click Manage. Copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install McAfee Internet Security.
For additional help installing McAfee Internet Security, please see Installing and Uninstalling McAfee.
Where is my activation code?
Activation issues with McAfee can happen for several reasons, but most likely it’s because you never received your activation email. (Please make sure it’s not buried in your inbox!) It’s possible an aggressive filter on your email service flagged the activation email as spam. To make sure this email makes in into your waiting and eager hands, check the settings on your spam filter and browse your blocked emails.
If you don’t find your activation code, there is a way to download McAfee Internet Security without it. Go to AOL Premium Subscription and click the My Account link in the upper right corner of the page. Sign in with your Username and password. Under service listings, click the Activate Now button next to McAfee and follow the on-screen instructions.
Why is McAfee not downloading properly?
Firewalls, virus software and registry protectors are helpful tools – except when they block the download of McAfee software. To prevent this from happening, configure your computer’s system software so there is no conflict. If problems persist, contact McAfee or call the tech support for the software already installed on your computer.
How do I get technical support for McAfee Internet Security?
For help with downloading, installing or using the McAfee software, follow the link to contact McAfee. Here, you will find a range of free online solutions, FAQs, chat support and email support.
Will McAfee Internet Security work on my PC?
McAfee Internet Security is compatible with most operating systems, but check the Specifications tab on the McAfee Internet Security detail page to view the system requirements to make sure it will work on your PC.
How many computers can I protect with one subscription?
The number of computers you can protect with McAfee Internet Security depends on the terms of the software license you agreed to when you first signed up for McAfee.
If you purchased McAfee Internet Security from AOL Premium Subscription and pay a monthly fee for the software:
1. Sign in to My Account.
2. Click My Services | Subscriptions.
3. Locate McAfee and click Manage. Copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then enter the Email Address and Password located under McAfee Subscription Details in the appropriate fields and click Log In. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install McAfee Internet Security.
If you purchased McAfee Internet Security from McAfee through an AOL offer and you pay an annual fee for the software:
1. Go to McAfee’s website and sign on using the email address and password you used to create your McAfee account.
2. In the My Protection Products section, look for the number of computers you can protect using the McAfee software.
How do I manage my subscription?
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
To view billing information/history:
For help locating your billing info, review our Account Management help article.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
If you purchased McAfee Internet Security from McAfee through an AOL offer and you pay an annual fee for the software, contact McAfee at 1-866-622-3911 for any questions about billing and refunds or to cancel your subscription. Support is available seven days a week from 9AM to 9PM ET.
How do I cancel McAfee Internet Security?
To cancel your AOL Premium Subscription Product, please read the AOL Premium Subscription FAQs help article.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles all billing relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.