Select an FAQ below to see more information.
What is PRIVATE WiFi™?
PRIVATE WiFi is a virtual private network (VPN) security software that protects your identity and sensitive information by encrypting everything you send and receive over public WiFi networks so that your online activity is invisible to threats.
How do I sign up for PRIVATE WiFi™?
If you would like to sign up for PRIVATE WiFi, follow the directions below:
1. Visit the PRIVATE WiFi™ detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. If you are a returning customer, select I am a returning customer and click Continue. If requested, sign in with your Username or Email and Password.
Note: If you are a new customer, select I am a new customer and click Continue. Then enter your Email Address, Confirm Email Address, Password, Retype Password, First Name and Last Name and click Next.
4. Select your method of payment. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
- Enter your Card Type, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Security Code, First Name, Last Name, Billing Address, City, State and Zip Code.
5. Review your billing information and click Place Order.
6. The Checkout Order Confirmation screen will display containing your billing information and order summary. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your product.
Additionally, an email from Lifestore or one of our partners confirming your order will be sent to your email account. If you’d like to begin using the product at a later time, just sign in to your email account, locate the PRIVATE WiFi email and follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
How can I reinstall or install PRIVATE WiFi™ on another computer?
To reinstall or install PRIVATE WiFi on another computer:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
3. Answer your Account Security Question.
4. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
5. Locate PRIVATE WiFi. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install PRIVATE WiFi.
For additional help installing PRIVATE WiFi, please see Installing & Uninstalling PRIVATE WiFi™.
How does PRIVATE WiFi™ work?
Once downloaded, PRIVATE WiFi works on top of your existing WiFi connection by building an encrypted tunnel that safely connects you to a secure internet gateway. At this point, all internet data passing through your connection is invisible and untraceable.
- PRIVATE WiFi assigns you an anonymous, untraceable IP address that hides your actual IP address and location.
- PRIVATE WiFi solves the inherent security problems of public WiFi hotspots by giving you the same encryption technology used by corporations, big banks and the government.
Will PRIVATE WiFi™ work on my computer?
PRIVATE WiFi is compatible with PCs and Macs; however, PRIVATE WiFi is not compatible with Macs made prior to 2006.
How do I get customer support for PRIVATE WiFi™?
For PRIVATE WiFi customer support, please visit privatewifi.com/contact. You will receive a response within 12 hours.
How do I view my billing information and history?
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
How do I cancel PRIVATE WiFi?
To cancel your Lifestore product, please read the Cancel your AOL premium service subscription help article.
What is Lifestore?
Lifestore is a website that lets you browse, research and purchase AOL products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add or cancel subscriptions to products. We may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the Lifestore Terms of Service for more information.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles all billing relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.