Normal everyday PC usage can take its toll on computer and PC systems, making them annoyingly slow. System Mechanic, from iolo, is a software suite that secures, optimizes, repairs and fine tunes your computer after five restarts so the system can run faster and at its best.
System Mechanic software:
- Makes your PC run smoother and faster.
- Cleans up system clutter for peak performance.
- Deletes spyware and fixes any holes in your system’s security.
- Repairs issues and errors, and prevents them from happening again.
AOL members can download a free 30-day trial of System Mechanic and then pay a monthly subscription thereafter.
Select an FAQ below to see more information.
How do I sign up and download System Mechanic?
If you would like to sign up for System Mechanic, check out the directions below:
1. Visit the System Mechanic detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. If you are a returning customer, select Sign In and sign in with your Username or Email and Password.
Note: If you are a new customer, create a new account with the information requested below.
4. Select your method of payment. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
- Enter your Card Type, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Security Code, First Name, Last Name, Billing Address, City, State, and Zip Code.
5. Review your billing information and click Place Order.
6. The Checkout Order Confirmation screen will display containing your billing information and order summary. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your product.
Additionally, an email from Lifestore or one of our partners confirming your order will be sent to your email account. If you’d like to begin using the product at a later time, just sign in to your email account, locate the System Mechanic email and follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
How can I reinstall or install System Mechanic on another computer?
To reinstall or install System Mechanic on another computer:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
3. Answer your Account Security Question.
4. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
5. Locate System Mechanic. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install System Mechanic.
Why is System Mechanic not downloading properly?
Firewalls, antivirus software and registry protectors are helpful programs for protecting your computer but can also block the download of System Mechanic software. You might have to change your computer’s system software settings to allow System Mechanic to install on your PC. If problems continue, go to System Mechanic Customer Care or contact tech support for the protective software currently running on your computer.
How do I get technical support for System Mechanic?
Open the System Mechanic software installed on your computer and click on the Help link in the upper right corner of the window. This will take you to a product manual which covers several troubleshooting topics. A Contact iolo link will take you to the company’s tech support mailing address, phone number, etc. You can also go to the System Mechanic Customer Care website.
Will System Mechanic work on my PC?
System Mechanic is compatible with most operating systems, but check the Specifications tab on the System Mechanic detail page to make sure it will work on your PC.
How do I view my billing information and history?
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
How do I cancel System Mechanic?
To cancel your Lifestore product, please read the Lifestore FAQs help article.
What is Lifestore?
Lifestore is a website that lets you browse, research and purchase AOL products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add, or cancel subscriptions to products. We may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the Lifestore Terms of Service for more information.
What is AOL Fulfillment Services?
AOL Fulfillment Services, a subsidiary of the AOL Family, handles all billing relationships with AOL's third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.