Secure your AOL account
Keep your information private and prevent unauthorized access to your account. Safe sign-in methods, up-to-date contact info, and good online habits help keep you secure and safe from scammers.
Keep your account safe
• Use a strong password and change it regularly - Create a strong password to minimize the risk of unauthorized account access.
• Add another level of security - Turn on two-step verification and get sent a security code when someone logs in from an unfamiliar device or location.
• Update your recovery information - Keep a current email address and mobile number on your account.
Always practice safe online habits
In addition to using our tools to protect your account, you play a critical role in keeping it secure.
• Protect yourself outside of AOL - Avoid installing malicious software.
• Sign out of public computers - Always sign out of your accounts when you're done.
• Don't fall for phishing scams - Don't click links you're unsure about, even from friends.
• Check your login activity - Check the recent activity on your account for unusual logins.
• Delete security questions - It's more secure to add an email address or phone number to secure your account; remove your questions if you haven't already.